Saturday, March 15, 2008

God's Will

Just because something is important to us, does that make it important to God? I usually would say quickly and with confidence "YES!", but tonight, as I pray, I find myself wondering.
Wondering if we sometimes throw our energy into things which are good, but are not necessarily in God's grand scheme of life.

In God's epic plan, are there things which are of zero importance?
Yes?
Then we very could be spitting into the wind with some time consuming pet projects or hobbies.
How depressing.


In God's epic plan, is every tiny detail of our existence eternally important?
Yes?
Then we can assume that they either succeed or fail based on His perfect will.

I'm leaning towards the latter. There are so very many scriptures which use the words "All" or "Everything" or "Anything" or "Always" or etc,......
It is good for me to get into those scriptures and remind myself that my definition of success and failure is not the same as God's. He intends for all of life's circumstances and situations to bring us closer to Him so we can be conformed to His image.

My daily life is not about me.
It is not about my interests and projects.
It is about Him.

No comments: