Monday, November 29, 2010

1:00 am

It's 12 frazzlin 45 in the morning and I'm as wide awake as a hoot owl.
Note to self:
No more cold medicine!!

I've lain in bed for about 2 hours with various things tumbling around in my mind so I thought if I wrote them down (for you! oh joy!!) I could maybe go to sleeeeeeep........

Here's some of my to-do list:
Plan a summer mission trip for our youth group.
Same-o same-o summer camp style? or go to some sort on international?
Whichever it is,..it needs to be planned soon.

Write 4 devotionals for the Arkansas Baptist State Newsletter.
Cool opportunity. Not difficult,..but it comes with deadlines.

Clean/organize my office.
I'll begin this task by calling the corp of engineers to bring over a few bull dozers.

Christmas shop.
Some people hate Christmas shopping but I'm not one of them.


The other HUGE things on my mind are just a bunch of personal jumbled up icky feelings regarding some issues.
Don't you hate it when there are "issues" with people which really have no possible resolution?
Situations such as the ones I'm dealing with are deeply internal and require that I
a: accept the situation which I intensely dislike
or
b: confront it.

Since I'd rather stick myself in the eye that have a confrontation of any kind, I am grappling with my sorry attitude.

"Be anxious for nothing, but with prayer and thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace which passes all understanding will keep your heart and mind."
I've utterly butchered that passage because I'm not checking for accuracy at 1:00 am. Still, the thoughts and words have quieted me a bit.

As they always do.

As they always do.


1 comment:

Kelsea said...

Having cleaning out your office on your to-do list made me smile. I remeber us playing in that office all the time, and making it even more messy. You might find the "fake" adoption papers we made so I could be a Russell too. Hope yall are doing good! =)