Friday, September 19, 2008

God Wants Me To Sleep

The other night, I was tossing and turning, as I often do in the first couple of hours after turning out the bedroom lights. Sometimes Ralph notices that I'm not sleeping,..sometimes he snores.

This particular night, after an hour or so,..he asked me "What's on your mind?"

Sometimes I tell him "nothing much" because I know he may think my worries are foolish. They often are.
But this time I listed the things which were racing through my sleepy head.

As I listed a random bizarre list of,....foolishness.....I finished by telling him that I was amazed at the way God has worked in my life.
I said "God takes our lives, complete with the details, joys and pains and makes this fascinating story which could only be credited to Him".

I was sure that Ralph would become fully awake and marvel with me about great spiritual things.
There was a long pause.
It was 1 o'clock in the morning.
Dark.
Quiet.

He replied: "I think God wants you to go to sleep".

I laughed out loud!

Oh it's good to have someone around you who make sense.

No comments: