Saturday, December 6, 2008

Exposed Wires

My friend Kay (who is now a griever herself after losing her mom unexpectedly) read my last post and told me "Man Becky! You showed everybody all your wires with that post".
I quickly reminded her that she was the one who told me to make this writing real or shut the blog down.
So.
I didn't mean to show my wires.
Really.
I don't want this to be a place where you are watching (reading) a train wreck,....you know,..where it's so ugly but you just can't look away? There are lots of times when I write something and then wish I had not been so transparent.

Here's where I am today:
My life is full to the brim with God's blessings. On my worst day,..whether I say so or not,....I am confident that God is charge of everything and any pain we experience here will be forgotten in the glory of God's presence and His dwelling place.
In fact,..anyone who knows me knows that most of my healing has come through that very idea.

Christmas is such a gift to those of us who love and follow Christ.

3rd verse of
Hark, The Herald Angels Sing

Hail the Heaven born Prince of Peace
Hail the Son of Righteousness
Light and life to all He brings
Risen with healing in His wings
(now here's my favorite part)
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark the herald angels sing,
"Glory to the newborn King!"

3rd verses are scarce in a Baptist church. Somehow,..they always get skipped. However,..I'm going to protest (protest I tell ya!) if our church skips that verse this Christmas.
It's pivotal to the entire song. The song writers, ole Charles and Felix, would be outraged to see how we lop off the main point of their message.

By the way,...when the piano player protests a song,..it can be noticeable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I play the keyboard. I have had many years of playing piano or something like it, in church.
Thank you for showing your wires.
Last night, I was looking for a book on one of our many bookshelves, and I noticed a picture of Benji propped up by some books. I remembered the accident, and I just cried bitterly. God helped me through it and guided me to a different book that spoke to what I was looking for in the first place. I am so glad that God is there and He helps me when I am hurting.