Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Lovers, The Dreamers and Me

I am a skeptic of people who have dreams.
Really.
I usually am only half listening as people tell me about their dreams.
So, for you out there who are the same cynical skeptic as me,..you may not wish to read any further.

Last night I had a dream.
Go ahead. Roll your eyes.
Actually I had a bunch of them strung together which I can possibly attribute to either the deepest of the sleep stages or to the leftovers I ate from the back of the fridge.

But in this dream, I was lying in my bed as I sleep (dreaming that I am asleep!) but I heard my daddy strumming his big Martin guitar and singing a wonderful song about Heaven. The song was utterly unfamiliar to me, but I knew the words and message was calling my mom to come to him in Heaven.
My daddy was singing for my mom to come to him.
His voice was strong and he strummed and played better than he ever had before.
Then my mom came to the foot of my bed and told me that she heard daddy calling her to Heaven.

This morning at work, I took a break and called my mom to tell her all about this dream.
She was sad that she did not hear his voice and the song.

Here's the cool part of all of this:
Mom told me that last night, before she went to bed, she went out into the yard and looked up into the night sky to talk to her husband of 60+ years.
She told me that last night, in their yard, she called out to him and asked him if he was calling out to her too.

Hhmmmm,...
I do believe he was.

I really called mom this morning to tell her she couldn't go yet.
I think I'll go out into the yard tonight and tell daddy the same thing.

No comments: