Friday, December 21, 2007

Peace

Here, four days before Christmas, I find myself at peace, and I am inclined to think that it will remain here with me for the duration of this holiday season. I am grateful for it's presence.

There is a chance that it could be sucked right out of me if I enter the McCain mall or even the parking lot, but I don't think so. I went in yesterday and was at one of those sales counters where there are no lines,..you know,..the kiosk in the middle of the mall and where the workers roam around in the middle. Yesterday, there, it seemed as if everyone were getting waited on but me. Obviously not fair. And I just had a question,.."Do you sell so-n-so?" (the answer was no)

Anyway, while not getting waited on, I observed the worried, frustrated and frantic faces of others. They just looked like they were working way harder than me. At life.

Maybe that's it. Maybe I am not peaceful, but just lazy.

"Peace on Earth. Goodwill towards man". The angels were announcing the good news. In the middle of wars, pain, divorce, suffering, illness, and death, the angels knew that what we needed on this Earth was personal peace and the ability to love each other.

God with us.

I am grateful for His presence. Then and now.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are certainly not lazy...just a little wiser than most and much more aware of the presence of peace. I love the blog...I have put a link to yours on my own blog. Love you all.