Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Working On Completion

Here's something that the great theologian Charles Stanley wrote:

God does not place needs in our lives so that we will be incomplete human beings. Pain exists to compel us to seek Him and rely on Him so that we can be whole.
Our needs actually become our potential.
They are the starting point for our accomplishments.

How about that?
Ole Chuck's message is not a popular one at all now is it?

I used to exhaust myself daily grappling with the very notion that God places things in our lives to cause us pain. In fact, according to Charles Stanley, we are actually incomplete without trials, needs and pain.
Actually,..I think Charles Stanley stole the idea from Jesus:



James 1:2
Count it all joy when you fall into various trials knowing that
the testing of your faith produces patience.
But let patience have it's perfect work,
that you may be made perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

I think that God does not mind us exhausting ourselves grappling trying to figure things out, because the very next verse promises us that if we ask Him for wisdom, He will give it to us.
His requirement is huge however: We must request the wisdom "in faith".

In Faith?
What's that mean?
So we are to...Count it a joyous thing for troubles,.....ask for wisdom.... in faith... while we hurt?

It's been my experience that we can feel like an utter failure as we flounder around feeling faithless, joyless and "ignert" in our painful circumstances.
But!
God finds us right there in the middle of our mess and somehow redeems our circumstances into something of worth.
He's building something perfect in us.

I'm not saying I've enjoyed the process.
Nope. Not at all.
But I am saying that the process is effective.

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

The process can be so difficult and excruciatingly painful, however I find that I am reassured that God is going to use it for His glory, every single time. That knowledge makes it easier for me to bear. I hope that makes sense. :o)