Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wonderfully Different


Did you ever feel like you just did not belong?


Ever felt like you were,.....kind of "out there?"


This particular type of tree is actually known for it's symmetry, yet here we have a small limb which is probably irritating the owners of the land as well as motorists who pass by. I wonder if they think this small shoot of wayward leaves is "messing up" the desired appearance?

I have been observing this tiny limb grow for several seasons now and I am quite fond of it.

It reminds me to appreciate the differences in the people that I love.
It reminds me to enjoy the variety of people that I come into contact with who may not look or act like me.
It helps me to consider that I would have never seen it if it had grown like the other limbs. It is God's gift to me.

I am actually afraid for this little limb. I expect any day for some tree pruner to climb up a ladder and cut him off.

"There!" they would say as my beautiful limb falls into the ditch. "Now the tree looks better!"

This world is hard on those who are different.

"I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Psalms 139:14


No comments: